Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Daily Jack

I've been doing a lot of browsing on the web lately for fun indoor play, with rainy weather just around the corner and a little man who is ever so active this is a must. I found a tutorial on how to make a kid sized tipi. Well it took me a bit to find what I needed for poles and I'm still working on the outside part but this is what I put up just to have some fun with Jack.

I used large bamboo poles, finally found some at Freddy's, then used some painters canvas for the outside over which I draped some old fabric I found in my teaching supplies. Inside we threw down our lambskin rug, added a dream catcher someone gave Jack and presto!

Pretty sure I'm having more fun with it right now than Jack, but he was a good sport and let me dress him up. This being as long as I danced around making wild indian noises! Good thing no one was around with a camera. :)

I hope to finish it and make it a little more secure here soon but I couldn't resist the one pic. Years ago when I was in college I had a friend who lived in Montana and she built a huge tipi, it was pretty amazing and we all slept out in it one night. Talk about a truly fun way to camp out! Someday maybe Jack will have one like that, but first mommy must master a smaller indoor version!

Well happy Tuesday all, hope this brings back memories of pretend play from when you were a kid!

1 comment:

  1. I just love this! I love that you dressed him up! Gah, I'm dying... I want to be there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...