Thursday, February 16, 2012

Me and my singer!

I love to craft. Crocheting, scrapbooking, paper crafts and more recently sewing! Justin got me my very own Singer for Christmas and boy have I been having fun. Its amazing what having a brand new sewing machine can mean in terms of productivity. Before my new machine I used an ancient one that came with the house. I spent most of my time untangling thread or hand winding my bobbin. But those days are gone and I'm enjoying trying more complicated sewing projects other than sewing ribbon onto burp cloths! :)

Last year I got onto a website called Pinterest...if you've never checked it out, DO! Its amazing. I found most of my ideas for Jacks bday party on there, not to mention lots of yummy recipes...the list could go on. Most recently I was inspired by some DIY folks who were making their own pillows and since I have a fabulous new sewing machine...well I'm sure you can put two and two together. :) Here is a photo journal of the process (which only took about an hour, if you don't count Jack breaks) I hope you feel inspired!



Stencil, fabric, brushes & paint!

I've been obsessed with canvas and burlap fabrics of late.



I cut a 19.5"x18" piece and sewed it with a 5/8 seam



Just a little opening for all the stuffing that will be added later! Which I back-stitched on either side of where I took out the stitches and ironed so it would lay flat.


I taped the stencil on the fabric at the corners to ensure it wouldn't move then painted away!








Now they just have to dry for 24 hours then I can stuff em and sew them up!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...