Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Little Jackie had some chickens

WE'VE GOT OUR FIRST EGG! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! Okay well actually we've gotten three eggs now, but we are super excited that our chickens are finally earning their keep! We've gotten an egg a day since Saturday and its been awesome! I wasn't sure who exactly was doing the laying but this morning Jack and I caught Goldie (our Golden Wyandotte) sitting in the nesting box on the plastic egg. Why a plastic egg you ask? Well I put it in there to make sure the chickens knew where they should be laying em. It would kinda suck if they were laying them outside in the dirt!



This first egg also had two yokes in it when we cooked it up! Yum, fresh eggs are the best!







This is our second coop since we got the chickens, I like that it takes up less space. Our cousin is going to help me change it up just a tad bit and I need to finish putting on the cedar shakes. Which as a side note is really easy, especially for someone with NO carpentry skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...