Wednesday, August 11, 2010

DIY project and a goat


Yarn, fabric, tissue paper, glue, mod podge, pictures and more. I love doing crafty projects! Some of my favorite memories are of Kendra and I finding a cool new DIY project to try out. Safety Pin bracelets (Kendra rocked that project), hand crocheted scarves and hats, home-made christmas ornaments, wire picture holders and more. I currently have a growing list of DIY projects that I have seen in magazines or found online. My newest one is a hanging bed... yes, I know, how cool is a hanging bed. I've been in love with them ever since I visited a friends loft in which she had her very own, simply fantastic, hanging bed.

(picture from Ohdeedoh)
However, this project requires working with wood. Which, in hindsight I'm not quite that good with. My last project involving wood was to build a goat house for our goat. Yes, we had a goat. Not a cute little goat which comes to your knees but a full grown, I will head butt you goat. "Goat, goat" as it was dubbed (we had no clue as to the gender) arrived on our porch xmas eve in the arms of a friend who for some reason thought it was a great xmas gift. Let me add as a side note here that we are not goat herders. Dog people... yes, cat people... depends on who you ask, goat people... no! What possessed him to think we needed a goat is beyond me. Personally I wanted to return the favor with a pig or a ferret but Justin wasn't so inclined. Lucky for our friend. Our friend also generously included a leash, collar, and stake for the goat. Thanks!

This is what a day in the life of the goat went. Me: letting the goat off its leash cuz I felt bad, chasing goat because it was eating the plants on my patio, yelling at goat because it was pooping on my patio while running away from me. Henry: eating goat poop, pretending to herd the goat while chasing it around the house, eating more goat poop. You get the drift. Oh and as to the whole crop circle mystery, I would like to solve that one. Goat on a leash. It eats a perfectly round circle wherever you stake it. :)

But I digress, I felt bad leaving "goat, goat" out in the elements and decided to build it a shelter. Goggles in place I used Justins skill saw (? I think thats what it was) to cut extra boards we had in our barn. I spent a good 3-4 hours on that silly little creatures' house. But, by the time I finished the goat had something that looked like it came from a "Cat in the Hat" story. I'm thinking a builder is not in the cards for my future. Lucky for the goat Justin and our roommate at the time came to my rescue and fixed my haphazardly mess into a respectable little abode.

Which brings me back to my new fabulous DIY project... hmmmm, perhaps I will add that to my list of JDI (Justin Do It!) We will see.

2 comments:

  1. Well lucky you to have such a handy honey! If you ever get a wild hair to do one let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...