Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Welcome to the farm

This weekend was a rather busy one for us. Filled with friends, fun, and new baby chicks. Justin and I have been throwing around the idea lately of having chickens for our own eggs and also because we think it would be a great chore for Jack once he's a little older. We decided to get baby chicks instead of full-grown hens so that we would be more familiar with them and them with us. Jack LOVES them, Henry does too but most likely for different reasons! :) I probably spend the most time hanging out in the garage with them as I find their interactions facinating! Here are some pics from our weekend, enjoy! Oh and if you have any chicken knowledge to impart I would love to hear!


Jack and Henry find farming exhausting work


We have 2 Rhode Islands Reds, not sure what the black one is but she is my favorite. She always comes over to the side when I'm there and if I hold her doesn't squirm but sits quietly.


This is our Barred Rock chick, she has to be where everyone else is and pushes her way to the middle of the group quite frequently.



This is our Golden Wyandotte, she is a week older than the rest and they all copy her.



So that makes 5 chicks altogether. I don't know that we will end up with that many by the time we move them to their coop, but so far they all are doing well and seem to be adjusting just fine.





Here is just a little clip of them. I am hoping to video them again and catch some of their antics because they are really quite the little characters already. Well thats it for now, thanks for visiting the "farm" and hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...