Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April showers and all that

April showers bring May flowers as the saying goes. Our own April showers let up today and we got about a 1/2 day of sunshine. What do you do with half a day of sun you might ask... plant flowers that's what! Today Jack and I went down to a local nursery and picked out some plants for my hanging baskets. Jacks favorite part was the little red wagon he got to ride in as we went up and down the aisles picking out just the perfect combination. Geraniums, Starbursts, some deliciously smelling white flower, little Tunis, and some other things, not to mention our fuchsia's. I spent the afternoon getting my baskets planted and we were able to get in just as the clouds rolled in. Here are some pictures of our flowers!



Justin also got us a bunch of Arborvitae to give us some privacy and we are in the process of getting these all planted as well!



Spring is definitely in the air everything is budding!


Lots of people were taking advantage of the sunshine to mow their lawns and the smell of freshly mowed grass wafted to me as I went about my day bringing with it memories of my childhood. We used to play tag as my dad would mow the lawn, but you had to stay in the lines of where he had mowed or you were out. I love how scents can evoke such vivid memories don't you! Well enough reminiscing for today, hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...