Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Friends, Edible baskets and a dog!

I watched a friends daughter yesterday, Jack was very excited as he just loves her and her older sister. As I came into the living room to check on the little man I found him perched at his table playing with his Etch'A'Sketch. He got onto his chair all by himself, one more reminder of how quickly he is growing up! Here is a picture of him waiting for Taylor to arrive.







Taylor brought over a shirt for Jack and after we tried it on she decided Jacks hair needed some help as it was sticking up all over the place!



This weekend we went down to the Vancouver Farmers market, I just love farmers markets don't you? While there I saw a clever idea for making edible baskets. The baskets there were hanging ones but I improvised and came up with my own to give away as Easter baskets.





I started with these awesome 2 gal Smart Pots, which we carry at our store!



Then I put together a collection of vegetables, peas...



...of course some Walla Walla onions!



Rosemary, one of my favorite herbs!



And lettuce all put together to make an edible basket.



They were so much fun to make and I'm excited to hand them out this weekend!

(Kendra if you read this DON'T tell mom! )



While I was busy planting baskets Jack was busy making mud pies!
And apparently tasting them!




I just love how pleased he is with himself!



Henry was also very interested in Jack's mud delights.



I just love me some Henry dawg!



Sharing some refreshments after a busy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...